Saturday, April 20, 2013

our moon has blood clots

Reading " Our moon has got blood clots" the story of kashmiri pandits ethnic cleansing - I was just 5-6 years old when we migrated - I don't have detailed memories of the all the incidents - but small flashbacks , fragments of incidents that are engraved deep in my heart and will remain with me till I die - 

The book is so real - so detailed as if I am reliving those emotions since yesterday 
those endless nights when whole family will be sitting and waiting endlessly for the night to get over when mobs used to be on roads shouting " Hum kya chahte aazadhi " aazadi ka matlab kya " - "lai lai il lala" 

Sleeping in shops in jammu for many days when we didn't have a place to sleep immediately after migrating from Srinagar - being house arrest for more many weeks at my aunts place in anantnag - being treated disrespectfully in our own country for many many years . seeing my grand father dying as his skin was melting in the unbearable heat of jammu which he was never used to. One of my school mates was killed in cross firing and we were confined to school premises for 24 hours. living on just little food for many days during curfew . those deserted roads in srinagar . a fear of being killed of kicked just for being a hindu in our own country.

Today it seems a distant memory - but the book has brought all that agitation , helplessness, desperation , painful sadness back. I had stopped getting all these dreams long time back but yesterday i again found myself waiting endlessly and watching all the scenes through my window in Srinagar in my dream.

No comments:

Purane Shehar

तुम क्यों नये शहर मैं पुराने शहर को ढूंढते हो वह शहर अब यहाँ नहीं बास्ते न बची है वो गलियां जहाँ बेबाक निकल जाते तुम और आवारागर्दी कर ...